Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine


I thought I'd get a little crafty this year with the valentine for my hubby and this is what I came up with. Easy as pie to make and a sweet way to show someone you love them in a handmade fashion!

Materials
pink or red felt
embroidery thread of any color
embroidery needle
toilet paper or cotton balls for stuffing
scissors

Start by cutting out 2 identical heart shapes. Thread your needle with the embroidery floss and sketch out where you want your letters on your heart with a pen or pencil. I just eyeballed it, but it may help to sketch it out first. Working from back to front, thread your needle in and out in the shape of your letters using a double running stitch. Once you're through with the letters, knot it in the back, so it will be on the inside of the heart.

Use a whip stitch to sew together both hearts at the edges. Once you have completed about 75% of the heart, stuff some toilet paper or cotton balls in to make the heart puffy. Complete the whip stitch all the way around until complete and knot off. This part was tricky so the knot wouldn't show, but I was able to tuck mine on the inside.



Think my handmade heart and some Olive & Sinclair chocolate will do just the trick this Valentine's Day!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment